This is a follow-up to my post from last year Apache Zeppelin on OSX – Ultra Quick Start but without building from source. Today I tested the latest version of Zeppelin (0.5.6) and, using their distributed binaries, was instantly able to launch Zeppelin and run both Scala and Python jobs on my Macbook.
This was with zero configuration, though I did already have the py4j Python module installed from last time I tried this. Watch how I did it in my very short video tutorial.
- It’s all about the ecosystem – build and nurture yours - May 1, 2020
- Learnings from TigerGraph and Expero webinar - April 1, 2020
- 4 Webinars This Week – GPU, 5G, graph analytics, cloud - March 30, 2020
- Diving into #NoSQL from the SQL Empire … - February 28, 2017
- VID: Solving Performance Problems on Hadoop - July 5, 2016
- Storing Zeppelin Notebooks in AWS S3 Buckets - June 7, 2016
- VirtualBox extension pack update on OS X - April 11, 2016
- Zeppelin Notebook Quick Start on OSX v0.5.6 - April 4, 2016
- Spark Analysis of Global Place Names (GeoNames) - January 20, 2016
- Serverspec checks settings on a Hadoop cluster - December 8, 2015