This is my short video (14 min) showing how to build and launch the Apache Zeppelin notebook platform – a web UI for interactive query and analysis. This is all done running locally via OSX on a Macbook.
In this video we focus on using the tutorial notebook that comes with Zeppelin and discuss each step – including interactive querying and charting – using Scala with Spark.
Want to see something specific with Zeppelin that I avoided here? Leave a comment, contact me directly or leave a comment on the video.
- Diving into #NoSQL from the SQL Empire … - February 28, 2017
- VID: Solving Performance Problems on Hadoop - July 5, 2016
- Storing Zeppelin Notebooks in AWS S3 Buckets - June 7, 2016
- VirtualBox extension pack update on OS X - April 11, 2016
- Zeppelin Notebook Quick Start on OSX v0.5.6 - April 4, 2016
- Spark Analysis of Global Place Names (GeoNames) - January 20, 2016
- Serverspec checks settings on a Hadoop cluster - December 8, 2015
- Hadoop Options for SQL Databases - October 15, 2015
- “Big Data” off 2015 Hype Cycle? - August 18, 2015
- Spatial Data Made Useful - May 29, 2015